The agony of painful feet is one thing that is commonly experienced by people who are involved in jobs that will require them to be standing and walking all day. In the absence of wearing the right shoe, you can experience a variety of health problems, including injury in your joints, as well as having gross-looking calluses.
Because of the dangers of standing all day for your feet, it is important to invest in the right shoes. Good arch support should be your priority. It should be designed in such a way that it can provide the cushioning that is needed by your feet, resulting into comfort and support. Pay attention to its various features that will be indicative of high quality.
So, which is the best shoes for standing all day? While there is no definite answer to such question, we can help you by narrowing down the possibilities. From our independent evaluation of the options that are available, one that we can suggest is Propet Galway Walker Slip-on. Built specifically to be worn by people who stand and walk for an extended period during the day, this will be an option that can provide value for money. Still not convinced? Keep on reading to learn more about this shoe.
The following are some of the features of Propet Galway Walker Slip-on that will most probably convince you to have it considered amidst the wealth of possibilities.
1. Supple Grain Leather
The upper of the shoe is made with the use of grain leather. It may not be as good-looking as other types of leather, but it is still excellent in terms of flexibility. Because the material is supple, you can expect to move with ease. Aside from just standing, this also makes it an excellent choice if you are looking for shoes made for walking. Because it is made from leather, it also has a casual look that many will surely love.
2. Polyurethane Sole
The material used in the sole of any shoe is important because it is indicative of longevity and comfort. With such, the Propet Galway Walker Slip-on uses polyurethane for the sole, which is known for being long-lasting. Meaning, even with long-term use, you can expect that the superior quality of the shoe will be retained. This, however, will depend on the extent of its use. More so, its sole is also known for being able to deliver exceptional shock absorption. This minimizes the impact between the foot and the ground.
3. Hand-Stitched Construction
For most people, when they hear that a shoe is hand-stitched, it is often being equated into an expensive price tag. Nonetheless, in the case of this shoe, it is still affordable in spite of its handstitched construction. The main benefit of the latter is that it delivers better flexibility, which will be highly influential of the level of comfort that it can provide.
4. Padded Collar
To provide the wearer with better comfort, the collar comes with a padding. With such, you can expect that the friction between the surface of the collar and the skin will be minimal. This can lessen the likelihood of having calluses and blisters, among other physical problems that are often caused by too much rubbing of the material on your skin.
5. Poliyou Air Insole
This is one feature that gives it an edge above many others that claim to be the best shoe for standing all day. The insole is removable and it is made from material that can manage the absorption of moisture. This can be instrumental towards the prevention of the growth of bacteria and the presence of odor.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable Construction: One of the most important things for shoes to be worn for standing all day is to provide the highest level of comfort. With such, this can prove to be an excellent choice. The cushioning that is integrated in the shoe makes the foot bed excellent.
- Moisture Resistance: It is also a good thing that the shoe has the ability to manage moisture. This is important in order to repel foul odor, as well as buildup of bacteria that can have a negative impact on your feet.
- Slip-on Style: Admit it, it can be annoying to have your shoelace tied and untied every time you have to wear it and take it off. It may require minimal effort, but for someone who might always be in a hurry, this can be a dreaded task. With such, Propet Galway Walker Slip-on can prove to be an excellent choice because there is no more need to worry about shoe laces!
- Affordable Price: This is one of the most affordable from the shoes that we have previously reviewed. At its price, you will surely not find hard it to own one. In spite of the practical price tag, however, quality is not compensated.
- Lightweight: It is such a hassle to be wearing shoes that are heavy and they can cause additional stress on your feet. With such, Propet Galway Walker Slip-on can prove to be the perfect choice because it is lightweight, making it easy to walk to with this pair.
- Lack of Appeal: While the shoe has a casual look, many people who have used such noted that it is not stylish as what you can expect from other shoes that are meant for standing all day. It is not necessarily the kind of shoe that will make people take a second look. Nonetheless, beyond aesthetics, this shoe is more than commendable.
- Issues with the Sole: The sole is made from polyurethane, which the manufacturer claims to be durable. Contrary to the experiences of other users, however, many reported that the sole splits just within a short period of use, raising some quality issues about this pair.
If you weigh the pros and cons, it will still be apparent that Propet Galway Walker Slip-on can be an excellent choice within the product category. With an upper made from supple grain leather and having a polyurethane sole, it is a shoe that can provide comfort and support on your feet. It has Poliyou removable insoles, which are known for their ability to manage moisture. It may not be too stylish, but its casual appeal has been appreciated by many.